Pages


Saturday, February 8

Creative Stitches & HobbyCrafts Show

EventCity, Manchester
6-8 February
Opening times: 10.00 - 16.30 (17.00 on Sat)

This weekend there's a show here in Manchester I can't miss!
I decided to visit it on Friday, expecting to be less populated than on Saturday. I arrived around 12pm, time for lunch, but it was still very crowded... until 14.00 pm, it was really hard to take a look in detail to some of the materials I was interested in because there were a lot of sewing bees trying to do the same: fighting to be the first to find a treasury fabric or ribbon. 

Not only there were the exhibitors, also there were several workshops, demostrations and shows running all day. Apart of having the chance to see in detail the amazing Les Miserables costumes and some awesome pieces of textile art. Here are a few images of them:







































I was very expectant to discover new fabric and haberdashery shops in the surroundings of the Greater Manchester area, but most of the shops I fell in love with, are very far from here. So, although I bought there wonderful fabrics at a very good price, unfortunately I will have to continue buying online what I need, although probably I will save some money in shipping...

My new fabrics, all of them with a retro look




No comments:

Post a Comment